Saturday, June 15, 2013

Wagon Ride

"Big" Brother Bo came and hung out with Mommy and Caleb for a bit.  He had a blast playing with superheroes and getting his fingers "stuck" over and over in the bed.  He just loves his baby Talub and can't get enough kisses and just looking at him.  We dressed him in real clothes which was super fun.  Clothes that button/ zip all the way up the front are best, I've found, to get over all the wires and cords.  We took him on a wagon ride and even got to leave the room to go to the play room.  Bo enjoyed getting lots of attention from the volunteers (reminds me of my good old days of volunteering at Baptist Hospital during high school summer vacations).  He did lots of jumping around and silly talking.  They had a water mat for Caleb to lay on that had mirrors around the sides for him to look into.  He liked the change of scenery!  We are definitely going to be adding this to our schedule that the child life specialist made for him.
Last night, Zack and I traded and he spent the night up here and I went home.  After not getting home until after 11, I was on a mission to get lots done in not much time!  Two loads of my laundry done, folded, and then to put up all the laundry Zack has stayed on top of but was piled on the counters;  dishwasher unloaded, pack up more clothes for me and Caleb, as well as a few toys for him; SNUGGLE with the kiddos- priority! (of course, one little guy ended up in the bed with me, but I was okay with that!), water plants, clip everyone's nails (Daddy has never done this duty- fearful he's going to cut them!).... and on and on!  It was wonderful to sleep in a real bed, even if only for a few hours.  Zack did great up at the hospital.  He asked lots of questions and stayed on top of Caleb's feedings, diapers, and stats.  I got back up here mid morning so he could take the boys to baseball.  That went so smooth that we're going to have to switch off more often!-  One of these times, I'd like to just sit on my couch for a bit and feel "normal"!





No comments:

Post a Comment