I was hoping we'd get a "break", just not this kind of break!!
“Be anxious in nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ.” Philippians 4: 6-7
Monday, June 24, 2013
Broken Bone
Another first, one that I'm surprised hasn't already happened; however, shocked that Kate was the one that it happened to before the others. A broken bone! As the story unfolded to me and the doctor, they had stacked the couch pillows super high and were jumping off them and onto a bean bag. The bean bag mysteriously got pulled out from under her- by brother- and she landed on her wrist (not that it would've made for much safer of a landing). She has a buckle fracture in her radius bone (wrist). Her light blue cast is waterproof, so she should be able to continue her normal activities after a little bit of extra TLC.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Ashley,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Alex Stone and my mother and Mrs. Kay Daniel are good friends and taught together for years. I also had Mrs. Kay as a teacher when I was in school! I was not at all aware of your situation until Monday! My mother and Mrs. Kay were talking on the phone and I was just immediately drawn to your situation when I realized just a fraction of what was going on! I talked to Mrs. Kay yesterday for a good while and she explained to me some of the situation and gave me your blog site! I am so glad that you have all of these posts! I read through every single one last night! I know you don't know me and I don't know you but I cant help but feel somewhat connected to your story! I have a little girl, now 3 months old, that has had many problems and I had many many many problems during my pregnancy and came close to death even in parts of it. I feel like your situation is worse than mine is now, but I can identify with you in feelings of angst, worry, helplessness, weakness, and struggling to stay positive! My faith also kept me going and I am so proud that you have God on your side! I don't know how people that don't have the Lord can get through times like these! My daughter was an identical twin and I spent most of my pregnancy in the hospital in Huntsville, AL, Cincinnati, Ohio, or Birmingham,AL. I was in the ICU, had surgeries to save the babies, and on and on and on. Only one of my little girls survived and was born at 4.1 pounds and 16 inches long. She got down to 3 1/2 pounds in the NICU and was on feeding tubes for a while! She was born on March 16 and we got to take her home on Easter Sunday! She has pulmonary stenosis and we still struggle with sleeping and worrying all the time! I just wanted you to know basically that I feel for you! You have been an amazing trooper through your journey! Even though I know its hard to stay positive, it sounds like you have done a good job! God is the best physician, you are right absolutely! I think that it really helps to talk about it! I have already passed prayers for you and your family and Caleb up several times! I am going to add you all to the prayer list at our church and start a prayed chain as well! Prayer is the best tool, I truly believe that!!! It sounds like Caleb is taking steps in the right direction! Everyday is a new day and a new challenge! Please let me know if y'all need anything at all! I live in Fayetteville, TN but I can send anything with Mrs. Kay! I would love to help in anyway I can!