Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day!  God has blessed our family with a Daddy that shows us what leading a Christian life means.  I love him more and more every day.  Seeing (and hearing) the kids leave the hospital with their arms around his neck and holding his hands- happy, safe, and loved- melts my heart in knowing that they have such a special relationship with him that has grown so much through this experience.
Now, enough with the sappy stuff.  Today was definitely not the relaxing Father's Day....although I really don't know that he'd have it any other way than it was!  It was wonderful for us to all be together, but the hospital is just not made for 4 extra, rambunctious kids in a room, who want to eat and rough house the whole time.  By the end of the visit, I was in tears.  I despise this situation.  I try to tell myself to be positive and grateful for so much, but it just plain stinks.  I want to be with all the kids and it's just so hard.  Tears because they leave, tears because when they are here, Zack and I are breaking sweats the whole time.  UGGH!  
Zack wanted me to add that these pics were taken after he took the three boys to Jake's tournament baseball games (2) this morning.  He said it's been a long day and is still (10:00 p.m.) working now.  Real job work that pays him.  :o)

Happy GrandFather's Day to Pippaw and Poppy!  These two grandfathers have given so much to help us.  Poppy "came out of retirement" to be Zack's personal sidekick in helping with the homefront.  He helped the kids finish out their school year, making lunches, getting them to all their extracurricular activities, laundry, chasing the boys (and even additional kids) on their gators, and squeezed in reading a book or two.  Pippaw always brings out the inner child in himself when he's around.  He's taken them fishing, built lots of paper airplanes and flown them up into the light fixture (which he and the kids have claimed as the airport), played the piano with Kate, and had many private baseball lessons with the boys.  Both grandfathers play special roles in our childrens' lives but even more importantly raised Zack and I to be the people and parents we are today.  We love you and are blessed to be your children.

We also want to say Happy GodFather's Day to Nick, Greg, Brian, Mark, and Robby.  You are incredible men and mean so much to our family.  We are honored that you are a part of our lives.








1 comment: