“Be anxious in nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ.” Philippians 4: 6-7
Thursday, June 6, 2013
First Emergency Room Visit
As I looked through my blog post titles, I noticed that a few started with the word "first". Although I know Caleb will be experiencing many firsts throughout this year of life, many I'm writing about I wish we weren't going through. Today's first is definitely one of them! I falsely had told myself we were going to be the exception and weren't going to be back to the hospital until the Glenn Surgery; however, that was rediculous thinking and I was proven otherwise today. Caleb had his first trip to the Emergency Room. He was agitated last night and harder to comfort. His sats were a bit lower but leveled back out around midnight and he slept fine and ate pretty well. His 6 am feed he didn't take much of; however, and had a different bm and threw up twice. His sats were back down a bit so I called the nurse who said to start getting ready to head towards the hospital. They dropped more and were hanging around the low 70's so she said get up there quick. As we turned into the hospital he started getting agitated again and didn't settle down for a while. They tried over and over but couldn't get an IV line in him and had to put it in the side of his precious little head. His sats actually went up into the low 80's when he was mad, but dropped quite low - 60's- when he settled down. We've been admitted to the PCICU. They've tried to get a pic line but couldn't because of the difficult way his artery sits in front of the vein. (I think I got that correct). An echo was administered and it showed lower heart function and he also had a very high lactate. They've stopped his feeds, given him fluids, and started Milrinone (which will help with heart function). Prayers he levels out quickly and he gets comfortable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Prayers going up daily for sweet Caleb! Sending extras now!!!
ReplyDeletePraying for him. Sorry you had to go there.
ReplyDelete