Best. Mother's. Day. Gift. Ever.= Having precious family of 7 altogether in the same room for the first time!! Zack surprised me and brought the kids up to the hospital with Panera pastries and Starbucks coffee. It was the most amazing feeling for us to all be together for the first time in 4 and 1/2 weeks. The kids were perfect (I am still wondering what Daddy bribed them with to have been that good!) They washed their hands 3 times as they entered the room- gel, foam, then soap and water! Bo did keep trying to pull the emergency string and say "ding dong!". I took them out to the outside play area that overlooks Nashville while Daddy held Caleb in the room (first time to really hold him-- only other time was just for a few minutes the night before his Norwood surgery.). They played on a pretend dragon, swung, and searched for the Vanderbilt baseball stadium and Aunt Tracy's house. :o)
I even got the most perfect family picture of us all -- with smiles from all of them, which is normally impossible. They definitely treated me right! It was super hard when they left. My heart sunk to my stomach, but I just keep telling myself, prayerfully, not much longer.
Caleb had another super day. We have to keep socks on his hands. He constantly tries to grab hold of his nasal cannula or NG tube. He actually grabbed his pacer wires and pulled the suture out of one. We taped it on because it would be bad news if he pulled the wire out before the doctors are ready. (The pacer wires run to his heart.) They said he's super strong! I learned what his murmur should sound like by listening with a stethascope. He started eating PONG - which is every three hours by bottle and whatever he doesn't finish, put into his NG tube and given over a 30 minute period. He did this throughout the day and then overnight will eat continuous. He ate from a bottle 33 ml the first time and 27 the second. He spit up a little both times, but it was mainly flim. I gave him his medicines through his NG tube and was taught how to give him a "spit" bath. We have to avoid the dermabond over where he had the surgeries, as well as all the leads, pacer wires, and pic line! I gave his hair a spike- do after!





We think about you guys daily. Sweet Caleb stays in our prayers along with you and Zack. I am so glad Mother's Day was great for you.
ReplyDeleteMuch love The Alreds (team Olivia)
Beautiful:)
ReplyDeleteYou deserved a fabulous Mother's Day! Looks like it was a family celebration for one and all! :)
ReplyDeleteTHanks for getting us caught up on the good news...it is all coming together on Caleb's own time-line. We pray now for feeding ease and growing confidence of Mom and Family as you make these next big steps to HOME and INDEPENDENCE DAY!!! :) Don't forget about the nesting idea and the lactation consultant...both will do you good. The pictures were pure JOY! All your precious gifts from GOD! Much love,
The Severson Family
So glad you had a blessed Mother's Day! Love the pictures of your beautiful family.
ReplyDeleteYay. I think I took this picture : ) such an amazing moment with the whole family!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete