“Be anxious in nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ.” Philippians 4: 6-7
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
CPPD therapy
After hanging in the upper 60's and low 70's for oxygen saturation then swinging back into upper 70's, an x ray came back showing his lower right lung was collapsed. Respiratory therapy has started CPPD to help initiate a cough which will open the lung. I'm not writing much because I'm typing with my left hand while holding his head upright and gently rocking him. He's decided he doesn't want to sleep tonight. He's been baby fussy for hours. Great because its very typical newborn behavior; challenging because I can't soothe him like I normally would an infant (can't nurse or put bottle in his mouth; and picking him up is hard with all the wires!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are sooo sleep deprived by now, you must be exhausted...these last 2 days pretty challenging for him and for you. As I had said, Will had O2 until a day or two before we went home. We will pray for quick healing of the lung.
ReplyDeletePlease don't feel alone...just know that this time to learn his every detail, watching every breath is soooo valuable, as you will be his finest nurse and will be his best advocate as you learn what is his normal. He benefits the most by your presence and that is the most valuable medicine that he can have right now. Take good care of yourself Ashley. I am done with school as of next Wednesday and I am awaiting my 1st shift to be assigned :) You are so admired by so many! One day at a time...You will get this baby home! Thinking of you all! The Severson's