“Be anxious in nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ.” Philippians 4: 6-7
Sunday, September 8, 2013
Weaning off Vapotherm
Caleb looked so much better today. He smiled at me!!! They slowly weaned him off Vapotherm and as of late this afternoon, he's on 3 liters of oxygen via nasal cannula. He's still on IV lasix and they are consulting picc team tomorrow about whether to put a picc line in. I pray they don't have to, but understand the importance of having longer term access and the likelihood of his IVs not lasting. Although I melt over his smiles, I literally collapse over him many times a day in prayer. This time is so comforting to me. I feel so blessed when others tell me they are praying for Caleb, sending prayer requests, teaching their children to pray for him, and even dedicating their biggest challenges to him-- praying for baby Caleb when it gets the hardest. This weekend has been more emotional for me. When I needed it the most, friends and family sent texts, phone calls, messages, even an Ironman triathlon dedication-- it is always such a God- thing in His perfect timing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ashley, he is just precious! His smile melts me too;) What a strong little fighter man you have!!! I keep Caleb, you and your family in my prayers daily. I pray he continues to improve and recover, and that he gets to come home soon! He is such an inspiration!!!
ReplyDeletePraying for you and baby Caleb everyday! I love that smile so much and can't wait to see it again this week! God won't put you through, what He can't or won't pull you through.
ReplyDeleteLove you both! - K