Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Happy Birthday Zack & 5 Month Birthday Caleb!

IYesterday was a great day.  It was Zack's birthday and Caleb turned 5 months old!  Not the ideal way to celebrate either-  after staying up most of the night working, Zack was up and heading out of town for a meeting before most think about waking, then came home to get/ collect the kiddos, care for them, and then continue work late into the night;  Caleb's day spent in the PCICU.  However, to look on the bright side, the best gifts are not tangible, but the gifts of friendship and he definitely has that!   I had multiple people contact me asking how they could help make Zack's day special.  I really didn't know how to reply, I was so amazed.  They recognize how awesome this man is and deserves so much-- even "help" for the day!  
     Caleb had a great 5th month birthday.  He got moved to the floor last night.  Today has been wonderful.  He's been so happy, playing with toys, & cooing.  He tolerated a bottle nipple in his mouth for a bit and actually sucked on it a few times!!!   I was elated and brought to tears!  
    Cooper sent his Vanderbilt hat up for Caleb to borrow yesterday (I think he wanted to cover his IVs.). He was so proud when I showed him a video of Caleb wearing his hat.  He told me that Caleb could just keep it up here until he came home.  What a great big brother!




1 comment:

  1. Now there is that amazing smile we have all been waiting for! :). Feels so good to see the relief in your faces! I know the greatest gift will be when you can all be home together. He looks fantastic! Praise God for the miracles! Thinking of you all! Happy birthday Zack! I'm sure it feels like the longest year of your life, and a healthier Caleb is the best gift you have ever received! :). Looking forward to another welcome home party very soon...prayers are still constant. Love, the Seversons

    ReplyDelete