Monday, September 2, 2013

Last Day of Summer

End of summer... Another holiday- spent in the hospital. Still battling the reflux.  Doctors are collaborating to plan the best procedure for Caleb.  He more than likely will have surgery- Nissen Fundoplication and a G- Tube insertion.  
Today is 6 weeks post surgery and he is off sternal precautions!  Yea!  He did okay with a little tummy time (for about 1 minute at each attempt).  
Caleb making his "Elvis" face.
The boys came up to visit mommy on Friday.  We played charades on the stage.  I told them to be "a tiger, a bird, an elephant"... Then, I said, "Be a Vanderbilt Commodore"-  thinking they would be like the mascot--  no, they started tackling each other like a Vanderbilt football player!


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ashley! Katherine Roberts sent me a link to this - my baby had the Nissen + G tube last November right after Thanksgiving. If you have any questions about the surgery or g tube or anything, I'm happy to talk to you! Here is a link to our Caring Bridge site - I think the posts start right around when she had that surgery. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/louisajane It is not the easiest surgery (although I'm sure you've been through much worse with Caleb!). For Louisa it was a life-saver, though. I was sad for her to get the g-tube and a little bit afraid of it, too, but the g-tube is a million times better than the nasal tube. No comparison.

    Caleb is a doll! I love the Elvis face!

    My email is kgildeme at yahoo dot com if you have questions.

    ReplyDelete