Sunday, July 21, 2013

Glenn Surgery tomorrow

Caleb will have his Glenn surgery tomorrow.  That will be one year ago, to the day, that Zack and I ran our half marathon.  The longest I've ever run.  As I ran, I recall praying, asking God to give me the strength to complete it.  I prayed for my family (Zack and I ran this "together" for our 10th anniversary), friends, our life, for friends that were fighting illnesses.  Now my baby, at 3 1/2 months old, will have to run his 2nd longest race.  I will have to hand him over to the surgeon to have his chest cut open for the second time.  I thought my half marathon was a sacrifice.  This is the hardest and worst feeling I have ever had.  I think about how Hannah prayed and pleaded to God for a child and promised that he would be dedicated to Him for life.  I understand and share that feeling in begging that God save his life, bring him through his surgeries, keep his little heart strong and let him live a long life.  I know that Caleb will serve God through his life in an amazing way!  Please pray for Caleb and his amazing surgeon Dr. Mettler as they prepare over this weekend, that Caleb stays healthy and strong so that he goes into surgery not compromised.

3 comments:

  1. Offering my heartfelt and solemn prayers for your child and you. May God be with you and with your child's physicians.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for strength for you & Zack as baby Caleb goes into this surgery tomorrow. Praying for Dr. Mettler as he prepares for and operates on Caleb. Praying for Caleb that he goes into this uncompromised, and comes through it strong so that he can start the road to recovery and be back in your arms! Praying CONSTANTLY for Caleb and all of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have peace in your heart knowing that you and Zach and your family have done all that you can to make him as healthy as he can be going into this big day. You are at the finest medical facility in this region, and they will do their very best. We will be with you every step of the way today in spirit, and will pray for Caleb's safe recovery. Lots of love, The Severson Family

    ReplyDelete