Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Cooper's 5

Happy 5th Birthday to Cooper!  He's a whole hand now!!!  I'm so proud of what a big boy he has been this summer.  He's gone from my child that always pushed my buttons to an easy- going, helper.  I've received many compliments about his behavior and that makes me one proud mommy.  He still, and always will be, my child that wears the same outfit day in and day out (Red Sox shirt that is 2 sizes too small, faded, and stretched at the neck; one pair of socks that have baseballs on them) and doesn't care a bit about brushing his wild bed hair.  He is very athletic and can play just as good as the big boys... but at the end of the day, little at heart, sleeping with 4 blankies.
The nurses came to me yesterday evening, knowing today is his birthday, and tried to talk me into staying at home all day to celebrate him.  They reassured me that Caleb would be fine, that they love taking care of him and getting snuggle time, and would let him go on field trips to the nurse's station.  I was hesitant, but after I told Cooper, he was elated and started planning his day.
We had the best day being "normal".  We went to the park with friends, had cupcakes, and watched the kids enjoy playing together.  These are the days I get sad that school is about to restart.  I miss watching them all play, chasing each other up and down the slides, and push each other on the swing.  We left there and went to a snowcone food truck to cool down.  The rest of the day we just enjoyed being together.  We read lots of books, practiced math facts (probably should've done this all summer!), celebrated another friend's birthday, and ate brownies after dinner!





1 comment:

  1. Glad you got away on such a special day! Cooper will always remember this special day and Caleb will soon forget it :). Way to go Ashley! We know that was a tough choice to make...praying Caleb will be home soon too! Much Love The Seversons

    ReplyDelete