Sunday, July 7, 2013

"Caleb's Song" by Kate

This may be one of my favorite posts.
     I have prayed throughout this journey that God gives all my children grace to get through these most difficult months.  I pray that he work through their hearts to trust Him in the plan, timing, and outcome of Caleb's surgeries as well as guide them to help others throughout their lives like the surgeon, doctors, and nurses have for Caleb.  I pray that they see the unbelievable support, love, and help we've felt from family, friends, neighbors, and even friends of friends.  Most of all, I pray that they see all of this as a miracle that God is intricately working.
     It has been hard on all of us; however, the kids have been amazing through it.  Bo won't leave my side whenever he's around me and cries every time I leave.  Cooper has actually grown up a lot.  He helps with Bo a lot and I've received many good behavior reports from family and friends.  Jake has enjoyed playing board games with anyone that is at the house.  He's a Monopoly champion and gotten a lot of practice over the summer.  Kate is my creative child that has been designing dresses, creating games, and writing songs.
     After sharing this with the Child Life Specialist at the hospital, she came up with the idea of Kate working with the Music Therapist to write a song for Caleb.  God has blessed Kate with the gift of creativity and talent as well as a strong love for her baby brother and this is such an expression of her emotions.  She wrote and sung "Caleb's Song" as a tribute to him.  I've tried to attach her singing the song, but I'm having trouble.  The beautiful words are below.


"Caleb's Song" by Kate 

What's it like sitting there alone?
You have a very busy house waiting for you at home
As far as I can tell
You like to be held
You're strong and you are breathing on your own

Right now I love to feed and hold you
And I love when we play peek a boo
Can't  wait to give you a bath
Which sometimes makes you laugh
These are some of the things I want to do

CHORUS
Caleb, Caleb what is wrong with you
I don't know what we're going to do
You've been at the hospital all your life
There's happiness and lots of strife


Leaving you and mom makes me sad
But you safe at the hospital makes me glad
Wish I could see you everyday
I pray you will be okay
I'm mad that you can't come home today

CHORUS

I'm thankful for our neighbors and our friends
I hope their kindness never ends


2 comments:

  1. So, so precious! You will treasure this forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That song that Kate wrote is just beautiful...can't wait to hear her sing it! As they say..."from the mouths of babes" comes such truth. Kate has a lot of love and a lot of talent. I know you all must be so proud of each of your resilient and special children. This will all seem like such a blur and distant memory in just a few short years, but you and your children will always remember the love! :) God Bless you Sweet Family!

    ReplyDelete