Monday, January 14, 2013

Look At You Now (HD) - Vanderbilt Childrens & Mark O'Shea



     I was blessed to meet last night with two HLHS heart moms.  They shared stories and experiences that will help prepare me, such as what to expect the first time we see little baby after the surgery.
     Ironically, today, one of the ladies posted the above video that was done a few years ago at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital by musician Mark O'Shea, who was born with a congenital heart defect and wrote this song.  I hope I posted it right, you may need to go to you tube and either search Mark O'Shea "Look at You Now", or put the following link into your browser:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c_S9H66_vpM
     I couldn't believe that she posted it, for our Jake, who was born with the Congenital Heart Defect, CoArctation of the Aorta, was actually in the video (he's almost two years old in the video).  He's at frames 2:04 and 2:36 and then we are briefly all in the quick last couple of frames.  It brought pouring tears down my face as I saw this and heard the words for the first time in 4 1/2 years.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this song.  LOOK AT YOU NOW!  How amazing and so true.  Jake is doing so great and most have no idea of his heart condition.  It doesn't and won't slow him down a bit!  Looking at him and seeing the miracle God gave us in keeping him alive at 9 days old; and now, such a healthy, smart, athletic, and determined little boy, I know this little baby will be in a video in a few years singing, "Look at me now"!

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! Loved that video!! Jake is such a strong, tough, little boy- "Look at him now" as the songs goes. I have so much hope in my heart for your little girl. Thank you so much for keeping us posted so we can pray everyday for her!
    Love,
    Dawn Miller and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley -

    That is SO cool! God knew exactly what you needed to hear from them last night and the encouragement you needed to see today! I am praising Him with you and asking for faith to believe that he is going to get you and this precious baby through to the other side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley and Zach,
    All our thoughts and prayers are with you. Thank you for posting the amazing video from Vanderbilt Children's Hospital with Jake in it. You can feel the positive energy from the doctors and nurses. Your new little angel will be in good hands.
    Love, Sammy and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a sweet, sweet video and song! God Bless you all! Love, The Reyburns

    ReplyDelete