Birthdays are one of my most favorite days of the year. I think they should be celebrated weeklong. Yesterday being my birthday, the family was very good to me, starting off with a VERY early awakening to see if we got any snow or ice that would cancel school (which we did not). So off we went to Chick Fil A for a quick breakfast before school. Of course, not without tears over why they couldn’t eat first before we left. Then we get there and they ate all of their food and most all of my breakfast. It was a fun day made special by lots of phone calls, emails, texts, and a sweet friend that brought lunch and a playdate for the kiddos so we could enjoy mommy talk. Then the reality of our typical crazy afternoon filled with ortho appointment, talent show tryout, then the mad rush to feed them dinner, homework, get ready for school the next day and then to bed. Loved every minute of it, but had a bit of a meltdown as the day came to an end and was “saddened by my gifts”. As I type this now, I realize how SELFISH this sounds... but really, realize that it wasn’t the gifts I didn’t receive, but the reality that noone could get what I really longed for, for me, that made me upset. I think somehow in my silly head, I just wanted to blow out candles, make a wish, open my eyes, and that wish would come true-- that the squirming little baby in my tummy would be healthy and I was dreaming all this and on my way to a vacation getaway!... Well, reality check. Back to potty training and the much needed everyday distractions.
Happy belated birthday. Best wishes to you and your family for a happy and healthy new year, and many more birthdays.
ReplyDeleteClayton