“Be anxious in nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ.” Philippians 4: 6-7
Saturday, December 7, 2013
Aftershocks
Caleb had a slightly better day today than yesterday. He's on the floor now. Since surgery, he has made little response to me--- if he wakes, he stares as if he's lost and looks straight through me. It's been very upsetting. I've been told its likely just from the medicines he's on (he's on mega high doses of 4 anti seizure meds) but only time will tell. He acts "stoned" all the time. But prayerfully, with time, they can come off a couple of the meds and he'll "be Caleb" again. I just miss his personality. He also has been more agitated, which we suspect from feeling this way. Today, there were two times that he made a little smirk, which brought tears to my eyes. At times, I felt like he was purposely looking at me! He continues to have quite a few seizures (we are calling them "aftershocks") that have each stopped within 2 minutes without intervention. Please keep the prayers coming that his sweet personality returns and that the seizures stop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


<3 <3 sweet Ashley, I pray all of the time for all of you, Caleb will come back to Mamma with those contagious smiles he always gives everyone... He is probably a little mad since we know he loves to play with his brothers and sissy.. xoxoxo I'm sorry you are going through all of this.. ((((hugs)))) big FAT hugs too! =)
ReplyDeletePraying for you guys daily! I also have the girls I nanny for praying for Caleb as well :) Wish I lived closer so I could come help you with whatever you need. Just know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteI had no idea. Just saw this in our HOA Facebookpage. Thoughts and prayers to you all.
ReplyDeleteI think many of us had gotten into the Thanksgiving and Xmas rush (and finals) and missed this all important week of news about Caleb and feel so badly that you all have endured so much and that Caleb as been through so much....but please know the prayers are many and we will be staying close to the website now knowing he is again in the hospital. Will had his tubes put in right after the Hemi-Fontan for repeated ear infections as well...we highly recommend that intervention. Praise that Caleb is awakening from these medications and that each day will be better and better. Please know how much our prayers and thoughts are with you all and how sorry we are that we missed so much in such a short time.
ReplyDeleteMuch Love, The Severson Family