“Be anxious in nothing, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ.” Philippians 4: 6-7
Thursday, October 3, 2013
Cath #3
Just got back to recovery from his 3rd Cath after a long afternoon. He looks good coming off the vent- very tired, groggy, & slightly swollen. They accessed him through his neck and groin. He had a large venous collateral that had grown that they put two coils in. This likely caused his oxygen desatts. There really were no answers as to his increased need of diuretics for fluid retention. I'm very nervous and concerned that we will continue to see these problems and worried about how cautious and on top of everything, even more than I already am, I'll always have to be. It truly seems impossible. Right now I'm trying not to "wish", but be "glad" and I'm glad they didn't do the stent (scared they didn't, but that's a normal feeling), glad for friends that have given so much of their everything to help with my kids, & glad for friends that walked to coffee with me and came and talked/ listened to me. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ashley, as I was clicking on this link from a friend's "like" on FB, John told me he saw you at Vanderbilt today. He didn't know why you were there, so, we read your story. I'm at Vanderbilt everyday (in the bldg across the courtyard from the cafeteria) if you are there and need anything. Haven't seen you in a long time. Will keep you and your family in our prayers. - Paige Vinson
ReplyDelete