Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Ob measurement update

I had my appointment this morning with the high risk OB doctor.  They do an ultrasound every appointment to measure anything and everything about the baby, but mainly they are looking to ensure that he/ she is growing.  With the two vessel umbilical cord that this baby has (instead of the typical 3 vessel cord), sometimes, babies don't get the nutrients they need to continue growth, which would be very dangerous.  So far, our little baby has grown great and is perfectly average.  It measured 3 pounds 12 ounces today and was in the 53 percentile.  Yea!  Praying for continued growth.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley thank you so much for sending me the link to your blog and I have had my prayer warriors on it since the day you told me. I LOVE your family and have loved knowing you. You are an absolutely beautiful woman and a wonderful mommy. The Lord knew exactly who to bless this precious angel with...you! Renee

    ReplyDelete