Friday, February 22, 2013

2 Appointments a Week for BPP

     Whew!  This week I've started going to the high risk OB doctor two times a week.  Blessings that I'm able to go the Franklin office for these appointments until we get closer to the due date.  It makes a big difference to not have to drive into Nashville that often.  It is challenging enough to squeeze in these appointments with the rest of "life" that goes on with four other kiddos!  As soon as I got finished on Tuesday, the wonderful school nurse called and said that Jake had a terrible headache.  He had no fever or other symptoms (to which Daddy said, "Send him back to class.  He's not sick!")  I completely agreed with him recalling that I never missed a day of school!  However, a little snuggle time was just what we needed that afternoon.  :o)  Of course, that didn't last long, as he was out the door playing the entire afternoon!
    I'm going twice a week now for a BPP (Biophysical Profile).  Basically this is an ultrasound that looks for 4 criteria.  One thing in particular that they look for that could make the test take longer each time is for "practice breathing".  Our little one has done it successfully both days.  She said sleepy babies tend to not show this as easily.   Baby is definitely NOT sleepy.  It is super active!  Prayers that these tests continue to show what they are looking for.
   I met with our Priest, Father Bala on Thursday, after my doctor appointment.  He was very comforting and shared with me a bible verse that I'm holding close to my heart now.  It is from Sirach 38: 1-12.  Hold the physician in honor, for he is essential to you, and God it was who established his profession.  From God the doctor has his wisdom, and the king provides for his sustenance.....
     I encourage you to look up the complete verse and pray it for the doctors and surgeons that are preparing for our baby.
     I am 33 weeks along today... so 7 more weeks to due date!

No comments:

Post a Comment